November 22, 2019
Jacobs Institute Design Innovation, UC Berkeley California
FenestraPro’s suite of BIM Design Tools brings value when used in all stages of the design process. FenestraPro For Revit allows users to input AEDG codes and seamlessly design to performance parameters. Below are the concrete applications of FenestraPro for Revit when designing high-performance buildings.
During the concept design stage, FenestraPro For Revit can give insight into critical building parameters, including orientation and geometry based on location and natural resources. FenestraPro For Revit allows for real–time management of the following parameters:
- Site Location and Orientation: Utilize Meteonorm climate data to provide insights into the availability of natural resources and solar heat load on the surface of each façade.
- Early Stage Massing and Detailed Models: Analyze and interpret early stage conceptual design in relation to building shape, size, volume, and highlight performance implications.
- Optimal Distribution of Glazing: Guide the architect to design parameters to best distribute glazing around the building façade for maximum solar heat gain.
- Daylighting Analysis: Demonstrate the implications of daylight factors on performance and potentially reduce the requirements for artificial lighting.
In the schematic stage of the design process, FenestraPro For Revit can be applied to:
- Understand passive solar heat gain and natural daylighting
- Consider the solar path in the occupied perimeter zone and alerts for glaring
- Corrections of the glazing design and management of solar shading options
- Set required prescriptive regulatory requirements for thermal performance of the façade
- Understand key performance characteristics of surface solar loads, shading, internal heat gain
FenestraPro for Revit can also be applied to the following ECM Management Processes:
1. Establish elemental and thermal performance values based on code, driving the optimal glass–to–wall ratio considering the buildings geometry.
- Use alternative glazing specifications to demonstrate the impact of the different glazing systems on the building’s performance.
- Consider overall elemental and thermal performance of the building.
- Manage passive solar heat gain versus natural daylighting while considering glazing performance characteristics.
At the design development stage, ECMs are deployed but changes are still possible. FenestraPro For Revit allows for applications of ECMs into the design model with continuous visibility of potential effects, as well as flexibility to change parameters to accommodate other design goals. With HTML reporting, designers can easily communicate with project stakeholders.
FenestraPro For Revit has the most uses in this design stage. Designers can:
- Generate windows and curtain wall systems based on performance, specification and the design intent.
- Select the most appropriate glazing type from an extensive database of glazing solutions to meet the performance criteria.
- Optimize shading design: designers can apply appropriate shading or fritting to ensure occupant comfort and prevent overheating.
- Manage and review of the changes in the building performance, coming from ECM downgrade.
- Understand passive solar heat gain and natural daylighting, considering glazing configurations and performance characteristics.
- 6. Generate detailed and customized reports to demonstrate code compliance.
- Extract and document detailed data on façade components and custom panels.
The project team can use FenestraPro to create reports and share detailed data on façade components and custom panels, compliance, and performance data. At every stage of the design process, members of the team can rely on powerful and flexible HTML reporting and analytics for better decision making.
FenestraPro is the leading façade design platform that supports the design and construction of beautiful, high-performing facades. Our integrated platform identifies and applies the optimal geometry, material selection, and fabrication information. The platform seamlessly integrates into BIM design and construction workflows while proven to:
- eliminate the risk of late-stage redesign;
- demonstrate local code compliance;
- use data calculations in real-time;
- integrate into BIM workflows.
Trusted by global leaders in green building design, FenestraPro enables designers to control overall thermal performances and aesthetic design to deliver sustainable, high-performing facades.
fREE aia COURSE | aPPLYING paSSIVE dESIGN sTRATEGIES IN A REVIT ENVIRONMENTINTRODUCTION In the built world, buildings generate nearly 40% of annual...
Effective Workflows using the Revit Energy Analysis Model Adopting Building Information Modelling (BIM) principles such as early decision making and...
Version 6.1 Update | Defining Glazing PropertiesINTRODUCTION FenestraPro is a powerful façade design software that supports the design and...
+353 (0)1 661 9609
39 Leeson Street Lower, Dublin D02 PY89
+44 (0)800 046 1521
86-90 Paul Street, London EC2A 4NE
+1 212 726 2114
244 Fifth Avenue, Suite 2941, New York, NY 10001